PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Starting Salary In Regional Airlines
View Single Post
Old 9th Sep 2008, 16:16
remarkablebean

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Here's my thoughts - and apologies if I seem blunt, but I am only trying to help:

- As someone said earlier, your experience for the Canadian market doesn't fit the norm and your hours total isn't enough for a jet ride with a line. In excess of twice the hours you have at a minimum. Bare minimum.

- Good to hear you have a work permit - a work permit entitles you to work for a specific employer in a specific role, which that employer must get authorization for after proving no-one in Canada can do the job for which you will be granted authorization. I.e. once you're here, you can't swap jobs without another work permit. You'll also get a temporary social insurance number - I think starting with a "9" which denotes a temporary worker and you won't get credit etc.

- If you have Permanent Residency - or perhaps you are a Canadian citizen living in Mumbai - who knows - disregard the above, but I suspect the above applies, as residency is usually only granted after living in the country on a work permit OR you have gone through the formal immigration process and been accepted.

- If you do come to Canada, the salary would not be up to what you get today, and you'll lag behind for many years as you become part of the Canadian aviation scene and job market.

Now, the reason I know all of this immigration stuff, is we have friends who have been through it, and I've seen the troubles it can cause. Any specifics, you're free to PM me if you'd like.

Good luck.