PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Yak 52 into the sea - Brisbane
View Single Post
Old 9th Sep 2008, 14:59
BallTearer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
W4 - Whatever dark truths you knew about Mr Hempel, now is the time to let it go and move on mate. It's not even relevant to this tragic accident.

Now I've never had anything to do with the Mr Hempel or the school, and I have no idea if what you say is true, but I personally don't care, and I doubt anyone else here does. Even if it were true, it's not your or anyone else's business broadcasting it to the world here. I don't believe personal comments like that are appropriate on these forums, especially in these circumstances (which is why I believe it was deleted) so let's all keep it on topic and relevant to aviation, a passion we all share and which brings us here in the first place.

Someone a lot wiser than me said to never speak ill of the dead - probably for good reason.

Nothing good is going to come to Barrys' and his pax family from digging up the past, so at the very least, I'm asking you to let Barry's kids remember him for who he was to them - their loving Dad who they'll never see again.

As a Dad myself, to think what his kids and family, along with his passengers family will now have to go through, brings a tear to my eye. Whatever the cause and who/what was the fault, the ATSB now have a job to do, and we can all read the relevant facts in the report when it's done.

In the meantime, just let the family & friends involved get through the terrible aftermath with all the support that we can offer, and end this thread here.

Good onya mate.

Last edited by BallTearer; 9th Sep 2008 at 16:38. Reason: wasn't happy with the original