PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair - 6
Thread: Ryanair - 6
View Single Post
Old 9th Sep 2008, 10:28
pee

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lourdes

We have very few Roman Catholics here in Finland, so I can be 99.9% sure we'll never have direct flights to Lourdes. Nevertheless, I could be interested to fly there, with Ryanair too. In this regard, the idea of a central hub somewhere in Central Europe is obviously worth considering. It would require early morning flights to this hub and late evening returns [from/to TMP] with the connecting flights [to/from LDE] around mid-day. With some efforts the route planning could be tailored to achieve that goal, it doesn't seem very difficult. By allowing 2-3 hours for the flight change I could imagine over 99% of such connections would fully succeed. The core issue is elsewhere, though. In order to get not only those unbiased like myself but many other people from Finland to fly to Lourdes and to dozens of similar destinations via this Ryanair Central Hub (wherever it were created), the carrier would have to adjust the system. Namely, they would have to start selling tickets from the starting point until the final destination. There is no other way to tempt the "average" customers, none of my neighbours would accept two separate point to point tickets travelling anywhere (I've already tried to persuade them, no way).

Before FR would be able to sell any connecting flights, the carrier SHOULD START TAKING FULL RESPONSIBILITY for the passengers on those remaining 1% of connecting flights that wouldn't succeed (if the connection is lost regardless of the reason). And THIS is probably the most difficult issue here. Having to take some care.

There is perhaps a solution. Ryanair could continue its usual business selling point to point tickets. And, to be more versatile / better fill the planes, they might consider selling those connecting flights in a totally different (higher) price range. And accepting the responsibility at least for those passengers. N'est-ce pas?