PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The state of (the) Philippine(s) aviation
Old 9th Sep 2008, 09:24
pare

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
repapips

i totally agree with you. i've been an atc for a period of time now and i still miss on my p & f sometimes. but i never had safety issues. besides, even other atc's have their own problem. the arabs pronounce p as b; the indians pronounce v as w. even the aussies and the kiwis, they pronounce a as i. bottomline here is that every atc in manila is at least level 4 in english.
going back to the topic, the state of philippine aviation, speaking on an atc point-of-view, something is needed to be done asap. last news i heard is that caap is not seen until next year. a lot of controllers are seeing it as the answer but if they continue to delay it, more and more are expected to leave. soon, there wont be enough personnel to man the sectors. this would mean more delayed flights. and don't blame the atc's, they are humans with limitations. we cannot compromise safety.
speaking of safety, we are working our arse off while this division is busy making money. and they even have the guts to include themselves to be part of the authority (caap)!!