PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Merged: V-australia Interviews, T's & C's etc?
Old 9th Sep 2008, 07:58
TopTup

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Apples & Oranges or Apples and Apples?

I seem to recall when DJ started up so many guys saying the exact same thing as people are today about VA. "Paying for an endorsement is bull$hit! And the money is discraceful, lowest paid 737 drivers in the world [rightly or wrongly], What a bunch of sell-outs, guys taking that money and paying for the training will ruin this industry..........!!" What still gives me a chuckle is those same guys are either with DJ or JQ now. That is, they gave in and "turned" to use some expressions used by them.

No, I don't work for VA but was offered after being interviewed. No I don't work for DJ or JQ. Personal choice. A few more years elsewhere and then maybe, if possible for VA or take a basing back in Oz.

And, I've posted before, with no answers: CX pay DEFO's in Oz on A330 = $97k (initially) a year. VA paying DEFO's $117k a year, $134k inc of super.

I don't hear the same knives and daggers out for the CX DEFO's and the like? Searched on Fragent Harbour, but nothing immeditely found.

Just curious as to why CX are [still] so openly regarded as one of the best to work for and yet things appear worse for the same drivers.