PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA038 (B777) Thread
View Single Post
Old 9th Sep 2008, 06:41
sispanys ria

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I do have very great faith in the AAIB. Together with the support from FAA and Boeing, it is difficult to imagine more expertise being available for an investigation. So I do believe that the iceing scenario is accurate and correct. It does just somehow continue to bother me, however :
  1. Why has this never happened before during millions of longhaul flights in very cold conditions. Yes I know that there is always a first time for the holes in the Swiss cheese to align, but it still seems somehow improbable, logically speaking. Is the design of the RR Trent and FF so different from earlier designs and from GE/Pratt kit?
  2. Repeat question to the 777 experts. Have the earlier incidents of failure to deliver commanded thrust been adequately explained?
Faith has nothing to do with aviation matters. In aviation you know or you don't know. Saying you believe is meaning less. You should ask yourself why when concorde had dozens of incidents similar to the one which caused the fatal accident nobody moved. The NTSB made extremely precise recommendations in the 80s which were not considered by none of the manufacturer, the registery states, the operators, the investigation boards (including the AAIB). What faith are you talking about ?