View Single Post
Old 9th Sep 2008, 00:33
Fargoo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BAe146s make me cry

BA Engineering maintenance is under scrutiny at present due
to a variety of non-compliances raised in the form of reports
to CHIRP. The Engineering Director at CHIRP is incidentally
ex-BA. UKCAA SRG (Many ex-BA staff) have yet to comment.

On commercial aircraft, routine maintenance is performed daily.
The time intervals of daily routine maintenance cannot be deferred.
These tasks would include the draining of water from fuel tanks
IAW the Aircraft Maintenance Manual.

I would hope that attitudes to task completion have not altered significantly since I worked there. Documentation & certification of all tasks undertaken must be recorded. AAIB must ensure previous draining
of fuel tanks tasks for this A/C were actually completed (Not simply penned off).
There appear to be fundamental problems with how BA Engineering operates at present. This has been initiated by concerned BA maintenance
personnel.

Some of the best Licenced Aircraft Engineers remain at BA Engineering, however, not many as so many have chosen to leave. In closing,
the compliance or deviation of/from AMM practices & company SOPs within BA Engineering, early 2008 shall always be relevant to the
loss of this B777...
I respectfully request you wind your neck in and start a fresh thread in the Engineering section of these forums if you have an axe to grind.

I'm not sure what your agenda is here but it's clear that the AAIB do not feel BAs Engineering or Flight Crew were the cause of this accident. I'm further confused by you're insinuation that BA Engineers deviatied from the AMM with regards to this aircraft. Also for you to even suggest that this task was "penned off" is a terrible accusation from a fellow member of the engineering community founded on not a shred of evidence.

These may be talking points and forums for discussion but you really need to be careful when slinging mud in a direction it is not deserved.