PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Start
Thread: Air Start
View Single Post
Old 8th Sep 2008, 20:10
the beater

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Helipan;
I apologise if what I posted seemed a little abrupt. It wasn't meant to be.
The fact is that all the emergency procedures in the POH should have been gone through during your training. Part of the training that I teach for forced landings always covers the possibility of a re-start (assuming that you don't jeopordise carrying out what is likely to be an EOL). An engine can stop for a number of reasons that aren't necessarily engine failure, such as carb icing, inadvertent application of the mixture control or even a 'lean cut'. I just don't understand why this procedure wasn't covered; it's one of the questions that I often ask during my work as an examiner (and don't worry, you're not in the minority in not knowing the answer, another popular one of mine is asking the candidate to show me how to check the landing lights (I'll give you a clue, it also involves the clutch)).
In fact, I struggle sometimes to find enough malfunctions to cover in the Robinsons.
But trust me; time spent on covering all aspects of the emergencies and malfunctions is never time wasted.
You ask where you can read it.

You just have!!