PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - New Air
Thread: New Air
View Single Post
Old 8th Sep 2008, 15:45
remarkablebean

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Here's hoping it goes sub $100.

I know I might have posted this up above - but TSC is out looking for a YYZ base - believe it or not, you can apply via workopolis.

Here's the posting:

AIR TRANSAT
Pilot - First Officer (08-071)

Job Type: Full Time
Job Category: Aerospace, Transportation
Industry: Transportation
Relevant Work Experience:
Number Of Positions:
Salary:
Company Url: http://www.airtransat.com
Posted Aug 7, 2008

Title: Pilot - First Officer (08-071) Job Number: 08-071 Sector: Flight Operations Date of posting: 08/07/2008 Location: Toronto (Ontario) Position type: Permanent - Full time Job description:
Air Transat specializes in both scheduled and charter flights from Canada to vacation destinations. In the winter months, the majority of flights are between Canada and the Caribbean/USA and in the summer between Canada and many destinations in European countries. Year-round schedule services operate between Europe and Canada. The Air Transat fleet of 17 aircraft serves over 90 destinations in 25 countries.

Functions

The First Officer will have to perform the specific responsibilities relating to operating the aircraft to which he is assigned (A310 or A330).

Responsibilities

Take part in planning and preparing flights, as required by the Captain, and carry out all other responsibilities described in the Company's Operating Manual.
Requirements:
- A Canadian airline pilot's licence or foreign licence validation
- 4,000 hours of flying time
- Canadian citizen or in the process of obtaining landed immigrant status in Canada
- In-depth knowledge of Canadian Aviation Regulations and A.I.P. Canada
- Updated logbook
- Bilingual (French and English)
- Ready to accept an assignment at our base in Toronto, with variable work schedules
- No restrictions for travelling to the U.S. or other countries served by Air Transat
- Minimum probation period: one year

Posting ends: Friday, September 19th 2008

Air Transat offers a full range of employee benefits, including group insurance, group RRSP and travel benefits. To apply for this vacancy, please send your résumé, indicating reference no. 08-071 to the following email address: [email protected], by fax (514) 906-5520 or by internal mail to Human Resources, Pilot Recruitment, Air Transat, 5959 Côte-Vertu West, Montreal, QC H4S 2E6

If there's any suitably qualified out there reading this, particularly those from Z4 who need a slot, PM me, and I might be able to give some pointers.

Although TSC does have some drivers without real fluent French (I can think of two on the A310), it's needed these days...