PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Arrogant posters
View Single Post
Old 8th Sep 2008, 12:47
Rainboe
Warning Toxic!
Disgusted of Tunbridge

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Arrogant posters

Do any of the aviation professionals here share my concern at most of the people posting here who think because they have taken a few passenger flights are now fit to act as aircraft accident investigators and pronounce opinions on safety issues as they do, all the while their anonymous background absolutely shielding the fact that they don't know what they are talking about?

This forum could quite as easily been a Doctor professional discussion forum. We would end up with people pretending they are Doctors advising on procedures, suggesting new ideas, demanding safety changes, and all the while they are really an accountant, or a dog trainer, or a plumber. Some of these plumbers can pretend they are fully trained pathologists, able to examine in minute detail what went wrong in the surgical disaster. Look at some of the threads in Rumours and News for evidence of non-professionals insisting they know better how to operate aeroplanes than professionals, or considering themselves to be 'accident investigators'. They take over the discussions completely!

That is why certain professionals get so impatient with these idiots- it gets dangerous giving them such a loud voice. But unless we have a forum where access is tightly controlled, people can get away with this nonsense.

As for paying my wages, passengers give me no pay! My employer pays me to complete the task allotted to me, which I do. Passengers pay the airlines, not the employees. When we understand that, passengers will be happier, and the employees will be happier. Try telling a Ryanair stewardess that you pay her wages. What sort of answer do you think you will get?