PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cranwell Hawk Thread
View Single Post
Old 8th Sep 2008, 11:41
Al R

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Jcko said;

Al R

While you were leaping to more shotgun-coverage journo bashing (oft but not always deserved) did it occur to you that those who've seen the CCTV footage of Osbaston might have seen the murderer "in a 'frenzied' state" and "'splashing' accelarant" as he made preparations to set the out-buildings ablaze?

Remembering the Mull of Kintyre and some other recent BoI's I'd personally be cautious as to the inevitable reliability of 'process'.

As a general point, however, I would share your distaste for "character assasination by spineless, anonymous wankers on the internet" - though I'd say that speculation that avoids identification or direct criticism of the crew is entirely legitimate on a rumours network.

Expecting everyone to observe purdah until the BoI reports is probably unnecessary and not necessarily desirable.
The police mentioned him as being seen on CCTV as 'walking calmly', which was why I baulked at the shabby reporting.

Those who excuse the rumours because 'thats what it says on the MB Header' need perhaps to remind themselves that '.. statutory rights are not affected'. Yes, we would all tittle tattle about this with people face to face, but in the real world, we'd do it with people we knew and who had a similar sphere of influence and contact. Here, ANYONE can see what is being written and claimed. Would those who excuse rumour mongering go into a restaurant full of strangers and go from table to table potentially, slandering people they didn't know?