PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - UK integrated training
View Single Post
Old 8th Sep 2008, 09:46
charliejulietthotel

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi Nellie, I finished OAT in November 06, so I guess not as current as you were hoping, but on my experience of my course, very few walked straight in jobs, one had a job before the course finished but had to wait a few months for a starting date, others had to wait a while for interviews to come along, then 3 airlines offered interviews within the space of a week for a friend! Oxford helped a lot with the job interviews, whether it was interview preparation, or putting you forward to airlines for consideration, but they can't get you the job, it's up to you in the interview. I did have interviews, and i cocked them up, so i went down the instructing route and within a year was lucky enough to get a job in scotland, im the only one from my course on turbo props but to me it makes no difference, i love my job, and i can instruct when i want which is by far more fun than airline flying! however there are still a couple who haven't got airline employment yet. unfortunately employment is luck, right place right time sort of thing, if you think the training is hard work, wait until the job hunting starts, then the hard work starts! I finished when the market was still quite buoyant, i have the utmost respect for the guys finishing now/soon, just hope things change for the better soon, good luck with it all.
CJH