PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - DH82a
Thread: DH82a
View Single Post
Old 8th Sep 2008, 05:28
whirlwind

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sycamore - great tale... did you by chance have anything to do with those wooden bladed helicopters??

Agaricus - I have Old Buck on my list of places to fly to! Hoping to fly to Duxford today first; unbelievably the weather might be reasonable today (end of moan). A trip to Vintech at Gransden is on the cards too; one of the engineers there races a Manx Norton, so I'm hoping for a good poke around the workshops (I race a Dresda and a Velocette).

I hope we can generate a few more Moth stories; as I said at the beginning of the thread, there must be loads of interesting tales to be told.

I came back to Tigers this year, and I flew my first solo in a fixed wing since 1991 on my birthday, 3rd May, in G-ANFL. It was a coincidence that it was my birthday; also that my wife shares the same day for hers - so she bravely came up for a ride too. The last time she went up in a Tiger was a surprise birthday present I bought her in Delta's G-ADGT in '03. She was petrified, because she was given the stick for a short time. Having flown many times in helicopters, she thought that if she let go, the stick would fall to the nearest corner of the cockpit and take the aircraft with it! Anyway, she knows better now...Here's a picture of us post flight.