PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Etihad Cadet Waiting List
View Single Post
Old 7th Sep 2008, 20:30
DenizD

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I don't think flying is about turning the autopilot on and hoping for the best.
Sorry to tellyou at the airlines it is, and it's not about hoping it's more like expecting the best.
I'm not sure if you have any flight training experience but I can tell you for a fact that nowadays flight trainings is based off of the plane you fly. Yuo can't forget that we are being trained to airliner standards. That basically means takeoff 1500 feet AP on. If you don't feel comfortable turn on the AP. If your not sure about something turn on the AP. Also too, not for nothing just because you can ace an assessment on the ground doesn't mean you will automatically be an ace in the air. There are alot of factors that many on the bookworms will have to get used to after transitioning from a prop cessna to a jjet one of them being on takeoff seeing nothing but sky and feeling all the power of the engines behind you. It may not seem like much until your sitting up front. Personally I remeber when I first flew a piper cheiftan (heavy twin), it was amazing! I used up more than twice the amount of runway I was used to during takeoff and climbed out at twice the speed! It's alot to take in and the airline knows it.