PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Faa / Jaa ??
Thread: Faa / Jaa ??
View Single Post
Old 7th Sep 2008, 18:32
Jon181082

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Faa / Jaa ??

Hi, I apologize if this has been asked many times before. I’ve searched previous threads and can’t seem to find anything that matches with the same principle.

If it has please ignore and post a tread link. thanks
-----------------------------------------------------------

I currently hold a JAA PPL (H) 70 hours and JAA ATPL Theory with a final goal “touch wood” to end up around the North Sea. As I’ve researched the British side requires 300 hours and the Norwegian side 1000 hours with a Multi-IR of course, to start as a first officer.

Bristow Academy in Florida, being the school I’ve chosen for training, has advised me to go down the FAA route (CPL, IR, CFI, CFII) and work as an instructor in the USA for two year. To then convert over to JAA when my hours and experience suffice, instead of jumping straight into my JAA modular route, so I’m able to build the hours of experience I need for the North Sea.

My questions are:

Is this the best way to go about it?

Has anyone any first hand experience of this scenario?

Is it really as straight forward as Bristow makes out to seek instructor employment after approximately 2 months of searching?

Any advice would be extremely helpful and deeply appreciated. I’m going insane wondering what path to take . Thank you

Jon.

Last edited by Jon181082; 7th Sep 2008 at 18:55.