PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BALPA against ID Cards - TUC Congress
View Single Post
Old 7th Sep 2008, 17:18
qwertyplop

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The notion that many civil servants voted for and would sustain this bunch of morons because they owe a debt of gratitude to this government, as expressed by a fellow forumite, is laughable.

Most civil servants that I've met resent the politicisation of their roles by this government and the PCS union is about to ballot it's members regarding strike action around this years pay awards - we'll see how grateful the civil service is then when the ballot results come in.

As repugnant as it might sound - I think the only reason things are not as bad as they could be is because of the civil service. I qualify this by looking at the 'elected' representatives from all parties that were voted in by the MORONIC idiots that put them there in the first place.

You and I.

Who'd work for less this year than last? Seems that civil servants are not immune from this either - and while there are roles that we could probably manage without we clearly need civil servants doing jobs for the apparent greater good than merely profit.

In essence, what I'm saying is that no-one is immune from the harm and chaos this government has created and caused. Insidious attacks on just about everything that distinguishes a free society from one that oppresses, attacks on the family, attacks on the rule of law, attacks on soveriegn rule, attacks on the union of our constituant states, attacks on the working man, attacks on our armed forces - one could go on.

It must be resisted - at the ballot box - and by every union or congress articulating freedom of expression that exists in the UK today be it local or national.

The edge of the abyss is upon us - what we do next determines those perceived freedoms and hard fought for priviliges.

I'm off to New Zealand because I only see more of the same - I hope I'm wrong. I might get 20 years there before the same old ****e cripples that country.

Last edited by qwertyplop; 7th Sep 2008 at 18:07.