PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Met not fit for purpose!
View Single Post
Old 7th Sep 2008, 14:27
S-Works

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well just back from the Guernsey Air Rally where the weather was as forecast and just catching up on this.

I am not sure where the comments about the MO ignoring complaints are coming from. Every time I have asked for a complaint to be investigated it has been done so with good humour and accurate responses. The MO are VERY keen to provide a first class service and do not ignore any feedback in my experience to date.

But moaning about forecasts on forums without providing any FACTS does not constitute making a complaint to the MO which is then 'ignored'. Like I have said a few times already, provide hard facts and let me have them or complain direct to the MO with an MOR and they WILL be acted on.

EGHH 070602Z 070716 29013KT 9999 FEW031 BKN048 TEMPO 0716 28015G25KT PROB30 TEMPO 0716 8000 SHRA

Many pilots, especially novices, would look at the PROB30 TEMPO 0716 8000 SHRA, and interpret that as meaning that there could be rain, and associated low visibility, at any point during the day, so they'd stay on the ground.
Which would be the correct interpretation, but it is the pilot making the decision not to fly not a problem with the forecast. 8000m is legal VFR and I know my aircraft does not stop working when it gets wet. So if a pilot chooses to misinterpret the forecast how does it make the forecast wrong?