PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair - 6
Thread: Ryanair - 6
View Single Post
Old 7th Sep 2008, 13:35
en2r

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
fivejuillet, the point is that you haven't said anything realistic or true. You seem to have plucked the 350,000 pax per annum figure for the Beauvais route out of thin air, and the facts presented by Anna List show that the route carried over 250,000 less passengers that you claimed. You blamed ORK-EMA for poor figures on SNN-EMA but as I highlighted in the figures above, the route was struggling before ORK-EMA was ever launched. You also claimed that SNN-Beauvais had the same sector length as SNN-STN. This just isn't true. If you look at the Ryanair website you'll see that SNN-Beauvais is advertised as taking 100 minutes, while SNN-STN is advertised as taking only 75 minutes. MOL has publically stated that Shannon is just one of two bases in the entire Ryanair network that is loss making. With the current price of oil, and the current economic condition, I can't see Ryanair continuing with this for much longer. It is inevitable that the loss making routes will have to be reduced/axed. I think a lot of Shannon supporters like fivejuillet are still in denial about this.