PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Tiger Airways (in OZ) Wannabes & Recruitment
Old 7th Sep 2008, 13:23
scoobydoodoo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wink Beggars can't be choosers...!

Heya, I really am a believer in 'beggars can't be choosers', and in a sick sense, I suppose its what the airlines are playing on.... FYI D-S/D-H we paid $30 registration (cash) on the day too! (I hear Qantas is charging over $100, and Jetstar is charging also).

As wannabe FAs, I don't think we're in any position to argue with the airlines, and as dyal1 mentioned, Tiger Airways was extremely upfront in setting down the figures regarding job perks and pay, and we were kindly told we could leave after having had that explained to us without having to justify our change of thoughts BECAUSE THEY KNOW THERE ARE THOUSANDS OF WANNABES OUT THERE WHO'D KILL FOR THE POSITION!

I'm currently awaiting to hear whether I have progressed any further, and if I should happen not to make it any further, then I feel blessed for the opportunity I was given to be interviewed by them (considering the thousands of people who apply for these jobs..!)

For someone such as myself who has been to over half a dozen airline interviews in a matter of three years, I feel very lucky for each chance I've had even though most times I've progressed to the final stages of the day, only to be knocked back right before a medical.

So I count myself lucky compared to the other thousands of guys and girls especially those who didn't get an invite, and yes, even though I paid that $30 I think it was worth it coz I also made it to the end of the day and even if I hadn't, at least I'd gotten more of an insight into how Tiger conducts their recruitment days.