PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Interview Questions from Hell
View Single Post
Old 6th Sep 2008, 16:58
Lookforshooter

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
To the OP..Stupid questions in interviews are from people that don't know how to interview and don't know what they are doing...sorry, that's how I feel. When the chief pilot for a major airline and his HR lady asked me 'Why now?' which degenerated into a 'What would you do if we sold all of our planes?' 'What would you do if the company furloughed you?' What would you do if you were offered more money to leave?'I suspect some of us are cannon fodder for the interviewers...your there to fill the 20th slot of the 20 people they needed to call in. How about this one 'If you could fill up this room with BBs, how many BBs would you need?'Or 'The chief pilot wants to sleep with your wife, and your on probation, what would you do?' or 'Your stuck in Anchorage for three weeks, how would your wife and son feel about that?"I can with some certainty, that a CEO of a company when looking for a corporate pilot, gives you much tougher questions, but they aren't oblique. So while in an airline interview, you need to be politicaly correct, vague, wishy washy, non commital, ect...the corporate interview with the boss, is more straight forward...most of the time...I had one guy call me and ask...'so what do you do to relax?" or 'If you had a nav light out, taking off on a night flight, the captain says go, but you can get it fixed localy..what would you do?'Only in the airlines is the emphasis on getting along take precedent over competency.