PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Query about Ryanair Diversion FlightFR 9202
Old 6th Sep 2008, 16:03
dicksorchard

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Query about Ryanair Diversion FlightFR 9202

Hi i was a pax onboard Ryanair Flight FR 9202 from Liverpool to Oporto last Tuesday 2nd September .

We had to Divert into Bristol airport due to a technical fault with the aircraft

Initially told by the Captain that there was a technical fault with the aircraft and he had contacted Ryanair operations and been advised to divert into Bristol .

Everything was as far as i am concerned was handled very professionally and apart from a brief stop in Bristol the flight was very uneventfull .

I just have a couple of querys . maybe you guys can help .

On landing the captain explained the nature of the technical fault as " a strap being trapped in one of the door's " ?

Could that have been one of those yellow ribbon type straps next to the main door's inside the cabin ? or do you think it could have been a strap from within the baggage hold ?

Just curious how ?

Secondly when an aircraft diverts do's it always have to refuel ?

We seemed to be refuelling for some considerable time ?

I have no complaints about Ryanair or the crew concerned . In fact everyone commented that the Captain & Fo where very informative & that the matter was handled very swiftly ..

Unusually rather than the usual moaning & groaning from my fellow Pax there where lots of people nudging each other and saying " better to be safe than sorry " etc but there was one old git telling anyone who would listen that we didnt have enough fuel in the first place & thats why we where refuelling !

My missus being a very nervous pax just wants some good olde reasurrance and im just curious .

Anyone happen to know what went on ?