PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair - 6
Thread: Ryanair - 6
View Single Post
Old 6th Sep 2008, 12:09
en2r

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SNN-Beauvais

fivejuillet, 350,000 per annum????? You obviously don't know what you're talking about. The route only operates once daily. That means total annual capacity is 137,970. (i.e 365 days per years, 189 seater plane, return trip - 365*189*2), and thats not even allowing for Christmas day etc. when flights don't operate. As for blaming poor loads on the East Midlands and Prestwick routes on Cork, those routes were doing badly before Cork-EMA and Cork-PIK were ever started, starting the routes from Cork has just made things worse. Looking at the CAA sats for November 2007 for example (the month before Cork-EMA and Cork-PIK were launched), SNN-EMA carried 5,476 passengers (a 48% load) meanwhile SNN-PIK carried 5,581 passengers (a 49% load). You shouldn't be making statements unless you can back them up with figures. As for saying SNN-Beauvais has the same flight time as SNN-STN, I've never travelled SNN-STN but I have travelled ORK-STN and that has a flight time of between 55 and 60 minutes depending on the weather. Its very surprising that you say that SNN-STN has a flight time of 75 minutes as I would have thought ORK and SNN would be a similiar distance from STN?