PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - LH A320 reportedly within 0.5m of crashing at FRA !!
Old 6th Jun 2001, 20:20
TvB

Exclamation

pengineer:

I think I know the film you mentioned as I produced and directed it*. But you're wrong! To my knowledge the former Lufthansa CF, Cpt. Heino Caesar did not resign in protest. He simply retired reaching his retirement age.

Cpt. Caesar was involved in the early stage of the Lufthansa decision to go for the A320 as he was the company safety pilot. He published some quite remarkable articles with the FSF and other special publications in regards to automation in the cockpit and the man-machine interface.

Regards
TvB

* The film is titled "fatal logic" and is dealing with the Lufthansa landing accident in WAW and in general with the design philosophy of AI. This film was realized in cooperation with the German Pilots Union (VC) and tried to shed some light onto the line of notorious "pilot errors" - whenever it came to an Airbus accident.

Those who are interested in the further development of this story might check the article "Thinking of Airbus" under the "Special Features" section on my webpage at www.aviationsafetyonline.com