PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BALPA against ID Cards - TUC Congress
View Single Post
Old 5th Sep 2008, 23:33
ECAM_Actions

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This system will never work.

Passports are already supposed to do this - they don't.

People travel on fake passports - so the Government think this system is fool-proof? Easy - the Bad Guys will get people working on the inside. This system will be subverted like all the others. It's a question of when, not if.

The only issue is the sheer amount of data that will be held on file (and none of it will do anything to increase security in any form). The Government has shown over and over and over again it is completely incapable of handling such a system, so on that basis alone, it should not be permitted.

"Ihren Paperien, Bitte" indeed!

The very fact they don't even do security checks on certain air-side workers (foreigners) because it is "too difficult" shows how much they really care about security. If it is too difficult to check their background - you don't employ them!!! To hell with political correctness/anti-discrimination laws - they're unsuitable candidates.

>> and the inevitability that "show me your ID card" will become a stock in trade for
>> every council jobsworth everytime they want to put you in your place.

Councils have far too much power. I think it is decentralized Government by stealth IMHO. They're looking at giving them yet more powers, this time to check your e-mails and web history (in the name of crime prevention/detection, of course)! I hope they have fun with my encrypted e-mail!

ECAM Actions.