PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair Loss of Pressurisation 25th Aug
View Single Post
Old 5th Sep 2008, 21:05
slip and turn

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks for your candid response Rainboe "It got high" ... I am not so daft as not to recognise that as straight-talking from an aviator in true aviation fashion and armed with what you have concluded (I am sure you have your sources too) I accept your suggestion - the back up life support must have worked.

However, as I mentioned before there's a bunch of us with not unduly shabby IQs that might easily have observed things much as Pen Hadow did purely because despite hundreds of flights, we were hesitant about pulling the things too hard, didn't know there were four masks to one pin and one candle, and just hadn't a clue that there may still be a risk of hyperventilating if we sucked too much before we blew or whatever

On that score, this has been an particularly enlightening thread for informed passengers I think. It may even save a heart-attack or two now everyone understands that so long as they can don their mask, they may as well go back to sleep for another 10 minutes rather than panic because they see no bags inflating .

Flintstone I'm sorry if I misunderstood the gist of your posts. I marked you out as banging on that airlines DO routinely tell passengers about what to expect with regard to bag inflation.

Ryanair is a big airline in Europe of course but they DO NOT routinely tell their passengers about that particular aspect. This is a Ryanair incident, so that's why I turned your comments around ... so I hope I'm not too far off the mark

PS I'd still really like to know what went wrong, or is that still to much to ask?