PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair - 6
Thread: Ryanair - 6
View Single Post
Old 5th Sep 2008, 19:44
en2r

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
fivejuillet, unbiased? You're probably the most pro Shannon poster on this forum. There are undoubtedly more than 3 routes in trouble at Shannon. For example: - East Midlands - loads are simply disastrous. 42% for example in the peak month of August. - Prestwick - has been struggling with loads ever since Shannon-Edinburgh was launched - Liverpool - passenger numbers aren't really high enough to justify a daily service. - Beauvais - from what I've heard loads are okay but yields are desperate, given the sector length. Yields have got worse since Air France launched SNN-CDG. -At least one of the Polish routes. From October Ryanair will have 4 routes to southern Poland. This just isn't sustainable given the slow down of the Irish economy, with lots of Poles returning to Poland, or moving to other EU countries. Katowice and Krakow for example are just 90 minutes away from each other. - Berlin. I know someone who travelled on the route and loads were fairly poor. Fares are also rock bottom whenever I've looked. At one point it was just €1 including all taxes. For a route of this length, theres no way this could be profitable.