View Single Post
Old 5th Sep 2008, 15:37
chris weston
Second Law

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sun in my eyes 176p.

Sir,

(i)
There is no way a normal landing could be made, ie reaching the runway.
Disagreed, if you read the whole thread and like many others I have, there are current 777 pilots out there and for whom I have great respect having read their postings over time, who claim to have made it to the runway in the sim using the data as published.

(ii) Agreed, this interim report confirms magnificent, intuitive and effective flying by the pilots in "less than a minute". Although we need to wait for the final report, this report should at least now stop any poisonous whispers to the contrary.

(iii) For the record I have been proven wrong by this report as I have speculated here that it was low Molecular Mass fuel components (hydrocarbon or the friends of ethoxy ethane as addditives) that caused the HP pump cavitation.

I have unequivocal respect for the AAIB and I need to think through the water ice explanation at the ppm level in fuel that is within spec.

The magic bullet flying oxygen cylinder retracing its steps as it exited the Quantas 747 and now this, reminds me not only to respect those slices of cheese but to show a little more humility.

CW