PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Zoom Zirlines Purchase???
View Single Post
Old 5th Sep 2008, 14:31
remarkablebean

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just joined up here so better late than never.

Yes, Doo, Zoom UK and Zoom Canada had separate AOCs, and both went down the tubes filing separately on the same day. Some guys I know who worked at Ottawa HQ turned up at the building after literally popping out, and had their key cards cancelled.

Issue was Aercap in Schiphol who pulled in at least on 767 at YYC I think, and the domino effect started with the prediced results. Their expansion plans also seemed a bit ambitious to me too - growing too fast.

After the chest thumpings of the Boyles (similar to the Oasis stuff) about new funding etc. Boyle admitted the level of debt (some say its $80m) would mean Zoom's stuffed for good.

Boyle spent about $300,000 on his wedding in Bermuda, so he couldn't have been that worried

Good luck to the ex-Z4 crews out there. In the UK I am pretty sure some guys jumped from Astraeus to the blue boeings, over here in Canada, I guess the blue star might be a resume dump (more A310s) and if you like short haul, Porter's recruiting for Q400s - but it's not a 75/76...

Last edited by remarkablebean; 8th Sep 2008 at 16:13.