PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - LH A320 reportedly within 0.5m of crashing at FRA !!
Old 4th Jun 2001, 04:28
askcv

I read that many believe that if this had been a Boeing airplane there would have been an accident, only the fact that it was an airbus saved it. However, there would be less chance of incorrect aileron setup in the Boeing, since it would involve cable rigging, which is not often touched, and would be harder to mis-rig. So the initial error would probably not have happened thus no incident. And think what would have happened if BOTH the aileron connections were wrong; the FO would have rolled them in to the ground. In fact, how did he know his controls were not similarly affected? Seems he took a chance (which worked out for them all, luckily).
And for TvB, you said that Luft does the control check on taxy instead of before pushback. I was working for a small airline that Luft had a contract to manage and they did the same to us, making us change the control check from the Boeing standard to during taxy. I objected till I was red in the face but could not make them see the stupidity of their actions. I would imagine that they will still not see it. I have no respect for airline managements that think they know more than the manufacturer does about the airplanes.