PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What's New In W. Africa (Nigeria)
View Single Post
Old 5th Sep 2008, 13:50
SASless

Received 517 Likes on 215 Posts
Trogs dear boy,

Never to ask that fatal question....."Why?"

One is to comply with the rules as set forth by management for they know best.....you of all people should know that.

I also worked for a place that prided itself upon compliance with every law, rule, regulation, policy, and procedure known to Man.

Occurrence....

Secretary takes to desktop screaming about the Rat scurrying about her feet.

Investigation....A wee tiny mouse was seen scurrying for cover.

Action....Sticky paper brought from home and set in strategic place. Hours after being set out....said wee mouse observed stuck to the paper. Wee mouse given mammoth whack on his wee noggin (comparatively) and dispatched to the rubbish bin.

Management Review.....Yikes! Way too many applicable rules, policies, procedures violated.....said deceased wee mouse retrieved from the rubbish bin and returned to the scene of the crime. Vector Control notified, daily log entry effected, personnel cautioned of need to follow the rules and procedures....

Result....two weeks later....with obnoxious odor emanating from the decaying wee dead mouse....Vector Control shows up. Two of VC's Finest examine the crime scene....pick up the sticky paper and now dessicated mouse carcass....and toss both into the very same rubbish bin.

I wish to God I was making this up......but not so.

Anyone care to work for Wackenhut Services?