PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - red barron and tranfer window
View Single Post
Old 5th Sep 2008, 10:23
Dances with Boffins

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Erm...

Consider for one small moment. Mr B was brought into the company by the Board to do a particular job, for which he was considered the best qualified. He has done precisely what he was contracted to do and has thus been paid what he was due. You can't hold it against him for doing his job, just as he can't hold it against you for doing yours.
I know that a high proportion of staff in the company came into ATC precisely because they didn't want to be "Company Men" in some faceless corporation [I know I did], and now here we all are being asked to sign-up to being a part of the company, as "colleagues" dealing with "customers". This again is not Mr B's fault but is a fact of life in the century in which we now find ourselves; you can't remain a simple employee and expect that the company will look after itself or that it is the job of "the Management" to sort it out for you. We all sink or swim together.
You can be sure that his successor will not be some fuzzy tree-hugger who suddenly thinks that paying everyone loads of money that we plainly don't got anymore is a whizzo idea. The Board will have some particular hurdle that they want the new boy/girl to negotiate and so will employ someone with the abilities and track record to accomplish what they want. Their bonuses will be set on hitting agreed targets [which Mr B plainly has achieved by the evidence of his shiny new toys].

Personally, I'd want the greek guy from "Dragon's Den" but I think he's busy.

"Expect more of the same", as the Democrats have just stated...