PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Yak 52 into the sea - Brisbane
View Single Post
Old 5th Sep 2008, 10:23
StickWithTheTruth

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Whilst I am one for admiration and appreciation for the reputation a good pilot brings upon himself and his company I am a believer in a good pilot doing the right thing by himself and his passengers. If this is in fact true (and I am prepared to wait until I hear it officially) I will be bitterly disappointed and have little sympathy, especially with a paying passenger on-board. The fare paying public enter into an agreement with ourselves as commercial pilots under the assumption that they are paying for the services of a qualified and suitable professional, meaning someone with the appropriate licence and medical. If this is the case and I say IF this is the case, it's no different to an unqualified electrician wiring your home and doing it wrong and causing the home owners death from electrocution. I only hope that for the sake of everyone here that this article is incorrect as it will have implications on everyone, including bringing the Warbirds association into disrepute. I wouldn't be surprised if like the electrician scenario that we will now have to display our credentials to passengers before every flight if the coroner looks into this closely.