PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - All those that flew for Discover (f)lying on the Penguin runs
Old 5th Sep 2008, 09:14
Capt Wally

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'EC' do you mean Woody?

Good 'ole BPZ, I believe it had some 'self made' wing spar strap mods done to it, & I wonder who might have done that? Still days gone by now & we can only rem about them. Just a quicky here story wise:-)

One foggy/misty/damp night on the Is I taxied out in old STP (Sneca 2) with a load of japs on board & in typical Piper fashion tail down nose high whilst taxying (I started from outside the hangar) with all but zero in the way of landing lights to guide me to the rwy. With a foggy screen I poked the large torch I had out the storm vent window to keep an eye on the muddy edge of the taxyway. After what seemed like ages watching that edge with the torch beam like an eagle so as not to get bogged or lost I ended up right back where I had started from, done a complete circle back to outside the hangar! Sheeeez i cursed a certain person who owned the airport for having those piddly little 12v taxi lights placed in upside down juice bottles doing zip in the way of guiding anybody. I made over 300 ldg's there at the Is over the years & not once did I bend a plane, killed a few of the native species tho!

memories, oh well like this thread they too will stop one day

CW

CW