PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Merged: V-australia Interviews, T's & C's etc?
Old 5th Sep 2008, 08:41
Capt Coco

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey Texanpilot, not all....
"All airlines offer lower packages on start up and they will get better as the company builds."

There was an airline in Asia that started about 7 to 8 years ago, who were offering $18000 AUD a month for F/O(total package) and $24000 AUD a month Capt (mind you the $USD-$AUD was at .51 cents then). But the idea was to offer the money to get the quality pilots they wanted as their core group at start up. Unfortunately the conditions didn't/haven't get better as the company builds and have almost stayed the same.

Good luck V-SFO, I hope for you the job continues to be enjoyable. It would be interesting to see how you and the start up group feel about the job down the track after a year or two. I reckon staff morale and job satisaction would be very high during the honeymoon period, chatting to some VB pilots who joined at the start, it lasted about 2 years ish.

There were a few guys up here who were offered jobs at V, but they have all declined...they said the package just didn't add up/make sense for them, but I guess it will for others.