PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Training Costs + a penny for your thoughts
Old 4th Sep 2008, 23:41
ChrisT4LFC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
He he, Oh I laugh now, I had exactly the same apprehension about Distance Learning. I Never thought I could discipline myself for Distance Learning whilst working full time as well.

But, the key to it is, DON'T GET TOO BOGGED DOWN on a sticky subject, The 2 week Brush Up course at Cheddar will sort that out.

The way BGS works you through it all is excellent. You read a chapter of material and then are given a quickfire multiple choice quiz to demonstrate your understanding (They are dead easy to get through).

You go through the same process for about 4 or 5 chapters, and are then given a 'harder' Progress Test (which you MUST pass, 75%, a CAA requirement).

Set yourself small goals with each study session and you'll soon find yourself pacing through it!

The 1 very useful bit of advice I would give you is: -
Do Week 1's full quota of study at a 'manageable' pace that suits you. This might take 10 days, it might take 3 weeks (everyone is different) just do it to suit you. THEN, work out How long it will then take you to work through the entire DL course and book the Brush Up at Cheddar and your exams for that date. This way, you'll have a Target and a Deadline to keep to and that will Motivate to get through the 'orrible' studying.

Oh aye, its also worth getting the Online Bank of Questions for 50 quid once the exams are looming. They are a God Send, and will definitely help you pass the exams.

Hope this helps