PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA038 (B777) Thread
View Single Post
Old 4th Sep 2008, 23:35
el #

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I did not want to stir debate again on the matter of how the lading should have been flow, not having even a tiny bit of the necessary competence on the matter. I also recognize that anything said now is purely retrospective.

I just wanted to inform nhs that there are different opinions on the matter, so he/she can look in the relevant thread and form an informed opinion from there.

However rib4t4, on the subject of "need to take action within seconds", well that is exactly what the crew didn't do, at least regarding the autopolit/autolanding, that was left engaged for the last critical seconds of the landing.

Again, I don't know if the a/c would have taken roofs or fallen from the sky if flown manually. What I know is that some real pilot did a real sim test and it seems like a normal landing could have been completed. Do wath you want with this notion, and if you think that in these dramatic seconds the Cap.n came the conclusion that A/P would have landed acceptably despite virtually no thrust, and consciously left it engaged instead of taking control, that's OK with me.

Finally be assured that I do not have any agenda or position to defend, and be assured this is my 2nd and last post in this thread.

Last edited by el #; 5th Sep 2008 at 10:13. Reason: An obvious "do not" was missing!