PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA038 (B777) Thread
View Single Post
Old 4th Sep 2008, 21:15
Green-dot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A very informative and well written interim report. It answers many questions with respect to findings on several systems and subsystems.

Specifically with reference to the spar valves, such as their possible uncommanded movement being a recorded FDR parameter, therefore ruling out the possibility they contributed to the cause to this accident. I assume the FDR recordings of the spar valves parameters implies any movement from the open position is recorded, even if they were to only partially close (up to 95%?) and not reach the fully closed position before opening again.

Of course I leave it to the experts in charge of the investigation but I do wonder what is meant by extensive testing of the spar valve control system. Was such system bench tested only or were such tests also conducted with the control system installed in the subject aircraft in conjunction with other aircraft systems operating? And regarding HIRF and EMI, to which power levels have these tests been conducted since the report only states "well in excess of published standards . . ." Perhaps the final report will be more specific.

Furthermore, I am not convinced if, in the event of uncommanded movements of the spar valves, a warning will enunciate on the flight deck under all circumstances as mentioned in the report. But that issue seems irrelevant now since all indications are that the spar valves worked as advertised.

Regards,
Green-dot