PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Loan Application Business Plan
View Single Post
Old 4th Sep 2008, 19:15
ldyypd

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi Jonny,

I got accepted for the HSBC loan for Cabair (i start tomorrow actually!).

In my business plan I talked about the amount of new aircraft on order at the moment. Its fairly easy to do a search on google and find some figures for Airbus/Boeing current order books. There also figures out there for regional aircraft and there popularity with airlines at the moment. I used this just to make the point that all these new aircraft will require pilots (where you come in). Also managed to find some figures for projected growth in business aviation over the coming years by googling.

Its fairly hard to be overly positive about the current UK industry but i did put a paragraph in about the Indian/Chinese markets and how strong they are at the moment. I stressed that I would be prepared to be flexible in finding my first job.

They are also really keen on you having a contingency plan. Make sure you plan this out and be as specific as possible about what you would do should it all go tits up. I remember in the interview they were quite pleased to hear that i could go live back with my parents should the worst happen. I don't know if that's an option for you but that is the sort of thing you should mention.

Hope that helps. If you need any more info pm me.

Phil