PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA charge pax £75 for laptop plug !!
View Single Post
Old 4th Sep 2008, 18:35
Final 3 Greens

If you were to take a flight on business for a client and on that flight you put in an hours work for that client, would you bill the client for the hours work and total travel ti
Not a hypothetical question for me, I do charge my clients for work done aloft.

e.g. last year, on a flight from Zurich to Riyadh, I wrote and urgent short paper that a client requested in the morning of the flight and emailed it on arrival at the hotel at the far end. IIRC that was about 3.5 hours work (or half a day in broad terms.)

The client was delighted to pay for the paper at such short notice and I was pleased to use the time productively.

A spin off benefit is that the flights seem to pass more quickly when concentrating on work, which is good when one travels so much.

Charging for travel time is always tricky, as it is generally costed into professional rates, but if a client wishes me to travel to LAX for the day (I did it once) or similar, then I would consider it.

I would not double charge the client, but on the other hand I would not do too mcuh work going to LAX and back in 48 hours it is extremely tough

Last edited by Final 3 Greens; 4th Sep 2008 at 18:40. Reason: to answer Der hammer's question