PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Boeing Flap Problems
View Single Post
Old 4th Sep 2008, 17:11
AFFF

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rainboe

Having attended hundreds of emergency calls over the years, it has been my experience that very few flight deck crews want us to stay away. I remember one instance complying with the captains wishes to remain at a distance, and then being called in soon afterwards when both MLGs started smoking heavily when the aircraft (British registered MD-83) got on stand. At my station we have a policy of cancelling the blues as soon as the aircraft touches down(apart from the lead vehicle), so as not to distress the SLF and remaining at a discreet distance when following in. In effect it is up to the flight crew to liase with the fire service on 121.6 and then make decisions as to the best course of action, remembering we are your eyes outside.

As for the volleyball, what can I say, not sure if GB had a team at the olympics. What I can tell you is that at our station there is nowhere near as much volleyball played as there was years ago(crews prefering to use the station gym). You would be hard pushed to notice anyway, the court is behind the station, and barely visible to taxiiing aircraft. And at the other station(yes we have two), there isn't a court. The powers that be did ban it for a short period years ago, due to too many injuries!!!