PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Mosque Induced Fatigue Issues.
View Single Post
Old 4th Sep 2008, 16:39
BladePilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cotton wool provided!

I believe there have been 'attempts' to control the use of speaker systems in the UAE nothing more than stipulating a maximum volume permitted, failed miserably!

I've heard lots of interesting stories about the introduction of speakers including one told to me by an old local in Fujairah who would have you believe that the speakers were introduced because a local Sheikh complained that when the Imam climbed the minaret he could see down into the Sheikh's compound and therefore was able to see his wife(s) going about their daily business without the cover of the hijab. an invasion of privacy then was the catalyst for the introduction of pop concert style speaker systems!

A friend of mine who may not last that much longer in the region tends to fight fire with fire and has been known occasionally to set up his sony music centre speakers outside and play his favourite Peters&Lee classics! certainly not a practice which I would condone! can't believe he hasn't been deported yet!

What about the poor flyer who lives in the quaint English village with the medieval Church which rings it's bells with such vigor and not forgetting those towns and villages which seem to think that everyone needs to be reminded what time of the day it is every fifteen minutes of the day! my thoughts go out to those poor folk who live within earshot of such a nuisance.