PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Spanair accident at Madrid
View Single Post
Old 4th Sep 2008, 15:11
xkoote

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Green dot,

I'm not sure but from you rlast post regarding the reverser unlocked lights and ART fire lights I get the feeling you are trying to say that the ART fire light is bright but the TR unlock lights aren't. But here's the quote once more.....

1. The ARt fire light and the slat takeoff light are clearly visible in daylight....when you are looking at them. They are not the glow in the corner of your eye type of light like the reverser unlocked lights for example. In a situation of distress you would not be able to answer the sim instructor's question if the ART fired or not if you were the pilot flying (come to think of it maybo you can as the sim is always dark )
It says here that the ART and slat lights are visible when looking directly at them, but not as bright as the TR unlock lights which are much brighter and (might I add) more than twice as big.

If that is the same message you were trying to convey, my apologies.

Xander

EDIT: I feel the need to make myself clear about the "glow in the corner of your eye" term. By that I mean that they are bright enough to let you know they are illuminated even though you aren't looking at them. In other words pretty bright.