PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - PAL av school
Thread: PAL av school
View Single Post
Old 4th Sep 2008, 14:28
KAchichas

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
carlojay, pal av is the a good option because as long as you graduate without problems, which means you understand flying, you have 98 percent chance of flying for philippine airlines immediately right after graduation. but the problem is the long queue AND the huge tuition fee. a lot of people now know this fact thus the long wait. i really dont know how they will accomodate everyone. there is a stringent testing process for pal or other airlines, when they do call you so its still not a sure thing. 20/20, color vision, body mass ratio, hand eye coordination, physical exams, brain scan for abnormality, stress threadmill test, etc etc.. so make sure you will pass this tests now before setting ur mind to flying. if they do not call you within the year, i suggest you can try flying for omni. they are a good reputable school. it is owned by capt gomez an ex-pal pilot. his son mike gomez is handling it now (i think) you can try getting in touch with him (he is easy to look for in gen av), you can study with omni for 200 hrs get ur ppl and cpl with instrument then work for them as a fly instructor till u get 500 hrs. minimum time for SO in PAL is 500 hrs. i dunno if they will divide your time by 2 cuz i heard they do if it is single engine time. inquire. at least you have an option. or u can follow Thrust Climb's option which is also a good idea but need a lot of will, hardwork and diskarte some people just dream, but if you have the will it can happen. good luck