PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Single Pilot IFR
View Single Post
Old 4th Sep 2008, 12:01
semirigid rotor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Single Pilot IFR

Just a question to the ATC community. As a Training Captain who fly's single Pilot IFR helicopters why are we treated differently to the fixed wing boys and girls?

As an example, time after time I'm given taxi clearance then half way to the runway I'm given my clearance. When I land, ask for the clearance to be repeated, not unsurprisingly the ground controller is miffed that I'm blocking a taxi way and want the whole damn clearance again. By the way I do mention I'm single pilot, but that seems to make no difference. The fixed wing world get their clearance on the stand.

At decision altitude or minimum decent altitude, I'm given a whole bunch of taxi instructions, and when I say standby (because I'm busy), the tower controller is obviously not happy to give me the clearance again when I finally in a position to make a note of it. Again the fixed wing world get their clearance when they have they speed down to taxi speed.

Apologies if this is starting to sound like a rant, but this appeared to start about 5 years ago and now seems to be endemic, where ever I go - or is it just me?