PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 1st 'Outback' Flight
View Single Post
Old 4th Sep 2008, 09:19
Pilotette

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks for the great advice everyone!
For me the purpose of the flight is to practice pretty much both aspects of flying. I will definately be doing my own navigation (with the map display covered) as I think its integral to hone those skills. I will also however practise using the GPS as this will apparently also be tested to some extent in my CPL test but the majority of the time I'll be keeping my log and location myself. After all thats what I'm used to doing..the most part of my flying training has been in a clapped out Piper Warrior! (Which I actually kind of miss.)

FTDK...Haha you make me laugh. Don't worry, I may be doing this flight in a glass cockpit, but I'm far from a princess
P.S. Yep I've actually decided to do it "in one hop". But also have another plan up my sleeve if need be!

RadioSaigon...I also agree with what you have to say about using all available resources, and I definately will if the s*#t happens to hit the fan. Also, yes it is all integrated so I won't be able to turn it off..all the engine instruments share the same screen (MFD) as the map display but there are certain things I can do so I don't get lazy. I can zoom the range in as far as it can go so that you can't see any thing and I can deactivate the loaded flight plan so that there is no info being sent to the Nav instruments.

Once again thanks everyone and keep it coming! Pilotette