PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Improve Light A/C Separation
View Single Post
Old 4th Sep 2008, 08:00
Rod1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have learned a lot form this thread;

I have found out far more about FLARM than I did before. I had followed the CAA’s comments criticizing it, but I now think it is the one tec which could make a real difference. I hope the take up I the UK mirrors that of parts of Europe, in which case I may well fit it.

I have also revised my opinion of PCAS. I will be seeing some of the people who have tried it and rejected it over the weekend, so I will try to find out why. Based on the comments it appears to be an interesting option, but probably not suited to my situation.

Over the winter I plan on upgrading my panel, by adding a large MFD. Collision avoidance compatibility is now on my list of research questions.

I am quite fortunate in that I flew Gliders for some time before taking up Power, used my IMC quite aggressively, then built my own aircraft and have spent time lobbying for the LAA and the BMAA. There are a few people on this thread who are very fixed in one kind of aviation and have a very low understanding of the other branches sharing the same sky. I have no idea how to solve this, but aviation would be much stronger if we all respected our different slants on the same basic principle.

Rod1