PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - All those that flew for Discover (f)lying on the Penguin runs
Old 4th Sep 2008, 07:54
Capt Wally

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hey Dr I actually play the guitar, never could figure out that whingin' violin thingy How's the 'wobbler' plane going ? I bet that bent one (A36)elsewhere in here brought tears to yr eyes

'S8' a Doz pax in the Dove, 'MM' cried when it wasn't full! T
Try 6 pax in the AC500, cosy that's 4 sure!

Yes the joys of that castering nose wheel hence no air pressure left on a windy at once at the holding point! That coupled with 800 gee gees coming on song (if you where lucky)during T/off dancing on the rudder pedals the whole way down Sandy's strip at night with around one blown out candle per mile only to have the jap sitting beside you (12 pax meant one up front) take a pix with flash of you trying to keep everybody alive !!
Going off rwy 22 into the inky black night on instruments that ought to be in a kids playground toy plane was charactor building, hence there aint nufin' out there that would scare me now
Yowie it feels like a hundred years ago now but I still recall "S" chasing a warrior down his rwy in his old white XD wagon trying to collect the $5 bucks ldg fee during a touch & go for the plane, talk about an angry man!
Too many stories to tell, am sure other readers don't want to hear it all here.