PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Canadian Aviation Academy
View Single Post
Old 4th Sep 2008, 00:33
donnelly

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Confused

Hi all,

I am in the process of searching for flight schools where I can complete my fixed wing, CPL, etc. I've been looking at different schools and CAA was one of them. But reading through the posts gave me a few concerns and questions:

1) There has been a lot of debate over the cost of the course. From looking at it, it seems that there is no question that going to the school directly would save me a tone of money, however; does CAA provide accommodations? Food? Transportation? or would I have to pay that on top of everything else?

2) If CAA does provide all the items I mentioned, would the extra cost not be understandable. Knowing full well that they are most certainly making a profit off of it (though the time I'd save, not to mention the $ in long distance phone bills to find an appartment, would be nice)

3) There seems to be a lot of anger (probably not the best word) towards CAA from some of their former students. Can I expect that kind of "relationship" with the CAA staff, or where there extenuating circumstances?

I appreciate any insight you lads might have. You might save me a load of $!

Cheers

D.