PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Business Issues ADSB (Now: Completely Off Topic Thread!)
Old 4th Sep 2008, 00:01
Bob Murphie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Biggles;

IFR traffic below 5000ft and at speed is dumb if you aren't prepared to look out the window. I could have tidied up the syntax, sorry.

FTDK;

Where does the Gulf traffic from south get fuel now? The fuel agent I remember would bring you out a burger if you asked. Just looking at ERSA and it says AD charges $6.05/tonne landing. ACFT 5700 KG or ABV $8.25/ tonne landing. Flight training exercises to be paid for the first four landings per day thereafter free of charge. Also, This AD is a security controlled airport. Fuel, Townsville agent 24h PN required and half hour prior notice prior to arrival W, HJ. E $45 callout applies.

That would be the reason for your near miss with a cowboy not wanting to pay anything. Thats progress for you, same RPT movements as 10 years ago I bet, but a negative thinking Local Govt making a safe airport into a potentially unsafe one because they failed to acknowledge there is a thing called human nature.

ADSB won't alter this unless the tool is used for serviellance for AVDATA.

Stayed at Muttaburra one night, mates mate owned the pub there. Take off was fraught with danger of collision with thousand of Brown Kites. Had a similar problem at Karumba also.