PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Etihad Cadet Waiting List
View Single Post
Old 3rd Sep 2008, 22:51
ZaaZoo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Man you guys I was flying an A320 FTD and Simulator today.....and boy was it nice! I was sitting in one of the FTD rooms on lunch break, and a guy came in and as I was getting up he said ""No no no, stay on..." and after he saw the landing said "And you're in the flight attendant class???".In 5 inutes there were 6 more pilots in the room who I found out today were in training with Avianca!!!!!!!!!!.We did a flight from MSP-DTW and only touched the sidestick once to set the takeoff attitude and never touched it again-just to demonstrate how the plane can hold its own. The autoland was smooth but you could def get smoother if you did it yourself.

The plane is really nice. 3 different types of descents and climb profiles (Climb,Op Climb,VS climb...Des, Op Des, VS Des).I pulled off the smoooothest landing in boston with one engine out.The only thing I noticed was that the warning chime went off and was not able to use the auto thrust.I heard from an airbus pilot that the plane will always correct itself to "fly right", so in the full motion we tried putting in full right rudder on approach and the computers put up the left ailerons a little to correct but we still had control to do whatever we wanted! Airbus makes a very....VERY nice plane.

Now out to Dinner With my new "South American pilot" friends